Questions about your policy?

Not sure where to start with your policy questions? Check out our FAQs - we may have already addressed your concern.
What types of insurance does your agency offer?
Some common types of insurance offered by Bolton Insurance include auto, home, health, life, and business insurance.
How do I determine how much insurance coverage I need?
The amount of insurance coverage you need will depend on your specific circumstances and needs. It's a good idea to consider factors such as the value of your assets, your income, and any debts or liabilities you have. You may also want to consider any potential risks you may face, such as natural disasters or illnesses. It's a good idea to speak with an insurance agent or financial advisor to help you determine the right amount of coverage for you.
Can I get a discount on my insurance premium if I bundle multiple policies together?
Many insurance companies offer discounts for bundling multiple policies together. This can be a good way to save money on your insurance costs. For example, you may be able to bundle your auto and home insurance policies together and receive a discount on your premium. It's a good idea to ask your insurance agent about bundling options and compare the costs to determine if it's a good fit for you.
How do I file a claim with my insurance policy?
The process for filing a claim with your insurance policy will depend on the specific policy and insurance company you have. In general, you will need to contact your insurance company and provide them with details about the incident or loss you are claiming. This may include information about the date and location of the incident, as well as any relevant documentation or evidence. Your insurance company will review your claim and determine if it is covered under your policy.
What is a deductible, and how does it work?
A deductible is the amount of money that you are required to pay out of pocket before your insurance policy will cover the remainder of a claim. For example, if you have a $500 deductible and you file a claim for $1,000, you will be responsible for paying the first $500 and your insurance company will pay the remaining $500. The amount of your deductible can affect the premium you pay for your insurance policy. Policies with higher deductibles typically have lower premiums, while policies with lower deductibles have higher premiums.
Can I add or remove coverage from my insurance policy?
Yes, it is usually possible to add or remove coverage from your insurance policy. This can be done by contacting us and requesting a change to your policy. Keep in mind that adding coverage may increase your premium, while removing coverage may reduce your premium. It's a good idea to review your insurance needs periodically and make changes to your policy as needed.
What is gap insurance and do I need it?
Gap insurance is a type of insurance that covers the difference between the amount you owe on a financed vehicle and the vehicle's current value
How does my credit score affect my insurance premium?
In some cases, your credit score can affect your insurance premium. Insurance companies may use your credit score as a factor in determining your premium because research has shown that people with higher credit scores are generally less risky to insure. This is because people with higher credit scores may be more financially stable and less likely to file a claim. However, it's important to note that not all insurance companies use credit scores to determine premiums, and the impact of credit scores on premiums can vary by state.
What happens if I miss a payment on my insurance policy?
If you miss a payment on your insurance policy, your policy may be cancelled or lapsed. This means that you will no longer be covered under the policy, and you may have to pay a higher premium to reinstate the policy or obtain a new policy. It's important to make sure you pay your insurance premiums on time to avoid any disruptions in coverage.
Can I get insurance for my small business?
Yes, you can get insurance for your small business. There are several types of business insurance available, including general liability insurance, property insurance, and professional liability insurance. The specific type of insurance you need will depend on the nature of your business and the risks you face. It's a good idea to speak with an insurance agent or financial advisor to determine the right insurance coverage for your business.
Is flood damage covered under my homeowners insurance policy?
Flood damage is typically not covered under a standard homeowners insurance policy. Flood insurance is a separate type of insurance that is specifically designed to cover damage caused by floods. If you live in an area that is prone to floods, it's a good idea to consider purchasing flood insurance to protect your home and belongings.
What is umbrella insurance and do I need it?
Umbrella insurance is a type of insurance that provides additional liability coverage beyond the limits of your other insurance policies. For example, if you are sued for an amount that exceeds the limits of your homeowners or auto insurance policy, umbrella insurance can provide additional coverage. Umbrella insurance can be a good option for people who have significant assets or a high risk of being sued, such as business owners or individuals with high-risk hobbies.
How do I add a new driver to my car insurance policy?
To add a new driver to your car insurance policy, you will need to contact and provide us with the new driver's personal information. The insurance company will then assess the new driver's risk level and determine the impact on your premium. Keep in mind that adding a new driver, especially a young or inexperienced driver, can potentially increase your premium.
What is the difference between term and permanent life insurance?
Term life insurance is a type of insurance that provides coverage for a specific period of time, such as 10, 20, or 30 years. Permanent life insurance, on the other hand, provides coverage for the entirety of the policyholder's life. Term life insurance typically has lower premiums than permanent life insurance, but it does not build cash value like permanent life insurance does. Permanent life insurance, such as whole life or universal life, can accumulate cash value over time and may also offer additional benefits such as the ability to borrow against the policy.
Can I get pet insurance for my furry friends?
Yes, you can get pet insurance for your furry friends. Pet insurance can help cover the cost of veterinary care, including treatments, surgeries, and medications. There are several types of pet insurance available, and the specific coverage and costs will vary by policy. It's a good idea to compare different pet insurance offers and coverages.
Can I get insurance for my recreational vehicle or boat?
Yes, you can get insurance for your recreational vehicle or boat. Recreational vehicle insurance, also known as RV insurance, can help protect your RV or camper from damage or loss. Boat insurance can help protect your boat and any related equipment from damage or loss. The specific coverage and costs of recreational vehicle or boat insurance will vary by policy. It's a good idea to research your options and compare different policies to find the right insurance coverage for your needs.

Bolton Insurance offers complete insurance solutions for every stage of life

© Copyright - Bolton Insurance Inc. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy | Website by: Air Spark
chevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram